VA LOAN REFINANCING
With a VA loan, you are not outside of the realm of being able to refinance to see if you can get a better rate, or even to cash-out on equity. For eligible VA loan borrowers, there may be specific options just for you to be able to refinance your loans:
(Veterans Affairs Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan)
Veterans, Retirees and Active Duty Personnel can refinance an existing VA guaranteed loan to reduce the interest rate or switch an adjustable rate to a fixed rate through the VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan (IRRRL). No appraisal or credit underwriting is required unless upon request. IRRRL only requires applicants to certify previous ownership of the home under the loan’s coverage and may be done with no money out-of-pocket by including all costs in the new loan.
This VA refinance option helps eligible military borrowers refinance their home loan to get cash out from built-up equity. Our program also offers the ability for up to a 100% cash out option*.
*For qualified borrowers.
This is not a commitment to lend. Other VA-permissible fees may still occur. Programs, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Credit and collateral are subject to approval. Equal Housing Opportunity.
Refinance Your VA Loan Who VA IRRL Is For:
- Qualified veterans and service personnel with a VA loan
- Qualified VA loan owners who want to reduce their interest rate or switch from an adjustable rate to fixed rate
- Qualified borrowers who want to refinance without an appraisal or credit underwriting (IRRRL only)
- Qualified VA homeowners who want a streamlined refinance with no money out-of-pocket
- Eligible borrowers who want to tap into their home’s equity (Cash-out only)